I wish I had the words that would best describe what it feels to hold your very own printed book in your hands.
I now understand the expression “writing a book is like birthing a child.” Minus the delivery and having an actual baby (this coming from a mom of 3).
I’ve had my author copy on my desk for a few weeks now, and I’m falling more and more in love with it every time I look at it.
Today, because you are one of my community members, you can download a free sample!
I’d love for you to read my introduction, my philosophy on shopping, and get a few free recipes.
I poured my heart out into this book. I’ve made my husband taste things that he would rather not have to give his “honest opinion” (luckily those never made it into the book). I’ve worked a ridiculous amount of hours trying to get every single recipe typed up in a way that even a novice home cook or a young person could follow.
I was a stress case for 12 weeks, relied on every family member and friend for child care, and drank way too much coffee while staying up way past my bedtime to meet a deadline (or two).
This cookbook is a manual for parents who want to make homemade food simple. A guide filled with prep-ahead tips to help you make lunches the night before so you can keep it together in the morning when you are busy trying to get the kids out the door –ahem! my life.
I wanted to write something that was worth gifting to a friend. A book filled with breakfast, lunch, and family sized dinners that would never go out of style. Recipes you could use for the entire family, regardless of the age of your child.
Unlike other recipe books, the meals are pictured exactly as you would need to pack them inside a lunch box, a thermos, or a snack box. Because really, nobody wants to eat a soggy lunch.
This book is a resource for anyone who wants to take control of their kitchens, get organized with real meal ideas that don’t require a lot of kitchen skills or time. It’s not a gourmet book, it’s a real family, short on time, I’m out of ideas kind of book.
The Best Homemade Kids’ Lunches on the Planet is designed to teach you how to make real food convenient and appealing to your kids. The book is divided into chapters like:
- Pack Like a Pro: Nourishing Foods on the Go. Everything you need to know to get started with packing the best lunches and making meals for your family. From budget-friendly shopping, how to stock your pantry, and tips on making prep-ahead meals.
- Get Out the Door: Breakfasts to Go. A whole section on portable breakfast items, my family’s favorites, and the tips a parent needs to getting out the door in the morning with well fed kids on time.
- Fill the Box: Sandwiches and More. Long gone are the days of one peanut butter and jelly sandwich after another. It’s time to bring variety back into your family’s lunches! The sandwiches, wraps, and pinwheels in this section incorporate leftovers and easy to find ingredients into new favorites.
- Add Some Fun: Interactive Lunches for Picky Eaters. This section is for every parent who has had to fight or say no to one of those colored pre-packaged lunches at the grocery store. The lunches in this section teaches how how to make your homemade version delicious, nutritious, and a lot more fun!
- Fill the Thermos: Portable Hot Lunches. Inspired by my good friend who lets her kids eat school lunch because a “hot lunch” is better than a sandwich. I beg to differ. These hot lunches will rock your thermos world.
- Extra Credit: Staples, Drinks, Treats, and More. The recipes here are the tipping point of going fully homemade. This chapter will be your most visited, guaranteed.
- Putting it All Together: Meal Planning and More. A 2 week sample plan with recipes from the book, a guide on how to use the recipes in the book to create classroom sized snacks, and making meals on-the-go.
Of course, I had a little help with my most difficult to nail recipes. The Classroom Cupcake Recipe was tested by 67 families from this community!
A huge thank YOU to those of you who tested it and gave your feedback. With your help, the recipe made it into the book! Easy, fluffy, golden cupcakes every time.
Today, you have the opportunity to purchase this book at a pre-sale price on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Pre-ordered books are being shipped out as early as this coming week! Even if you live overseas, your e-book preorder helps!
In addition, I will be signing and shipping personalized cards to the first 250 lucky people. All you have to do is email your purchase receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org now through 7/1/14 (I have under 100 left!).
If you’ve already bought your copy, dig in your email inbox and forward your receipt! I’d love to send you a personalized note.
And now, you get an exclusive inside look at the cookbook by clicking here.